Chapeau is a high-performance, cutting-edge operating system built from the Fedora GNU/Linux distribution with the Gnome desktop environment.
Compared to Fedora Chapeau adopts an enhanced user experience and a more relaxed approach to software licences and is intended to be just as useful for advanced users as it is easy for those new to using a Linux system.
There is built-in access to third-party software & sources repositories not included in Fedora such as RPMFusion, Steam, Adobe Flash, Dropbox & Oracle VirtualBox.
Chapeau also includes system tools that makes your live DVD or USB disk a handy portable toolkit for repairing Linux and Windows installations as well as a general purpose desktop distro.
Chapeau is available for 64bit x86 PCs.
- Derived from Fedora 21 Workstation
- Gnome 3.14 desktop environment
- Installable live boot image for USB disks & DVDs
- Gnome Music & Rhythmbox
- Adobe Flash support
- Dropbox integration for Nautilus
- PlayOnLinux & Wine
- Media codecs & DVD playback support
- Shotwell & Darktable photography applications
- Pitivi video editor
- GIMP (single window mode by default)
- Bijiben (replacing Gnote)
- Pharlap (proprietory driver helper application from the Korora project)
- MPRIS media player integration into Gnome 3
- 'Caffeine' Gnome extension quickly toggles Gnome's screensaver & power saving features
- Gnome Software & Yumex
- Gnome Disks & Gparted
- Gnome Boxes (create & manage virtual machines and remote host connections)
- Qemu & KVM virtualisation ready to go
- Clam AV (usable from the live image)
- Broadcom chipset support
- Support for 7zip & RAR archives
- RPMFusion software sources preconfigured
- VirtualBox software source preconfigured
- Advanced system tools (screen, tmux, testdisk, chntpw, htop, iotop, powertop, stress and more)
There are no 1 star reviews.