Connecting Historical Authorities with Links, Contexts and Entities. CHALICE is a historic placename gazetteer for the UK, published as Linked Data and linked to other widely-used sources of placename reference information on the semantic web.
- A gazetteer with dense historic coverage (in theory back to the Domesday era) for all recorded placenames and variants within a few key areas.
- A Linked Data version of this gazettteer.
- A simple web interface to annotate and correct the gazetteer data and semi-automatically created links to other entities on the semantic web.
- A short series of case studies demonstrating use of the gazetteer and its potential application to other, similar archives and services.
- Search through the gazetteer data using the JISC-supported Unlock Places service.