Software, components, utilities and XML schema model for automating the exchange of engineering data for the capital facility industry over the total facility life cycle, including design, procurement, construction, operations and maintenance.
- The cfiXML model provides the common language for software applications. It has been developed to be capable of handling any equipment item, engineering document and material property for any information exchange usage scenario.
- The schemas are based on a set of foundation files which describe non-technical data on the context, project and documentation associated with a data set. In addition, data on physical properties and units of measurement are included.
- Building from this foundation, schema has been produced for key equipment items, with particular emphasis on meeting needs of a procurement work flow cycle for rotating equipment items. The structure is designed, however, to describe data from FEED to operational maintenance in the life cycle of an equipment item.
- Detailed schema is provided for centrifugal pumps and fans; shell and tube heat exchangers; air-cooled heat exchangers; centrifugal and reciprocating compressors; electric motors; control and block valves; air handling units and chillers. In addition, base sets of data for numerous equipment items and accessories are also available.
- The equipment item schemas are supported by a comprehensive set of material properties, including process materials and associated properties as well as equipment construction materials. The model also provides for exchange of property curve and property table data, for example, as in predictive model parameters. Files covering material streams and stream conditions complete the set of schema provided to describe conceptual through design and operating performance specifications for an equipment item.
Be the first to post a review of cfiXML Engineering Data Exchange!