The CFD Utility Software Library (previously known as the Aerodynamics Division Software Library at NASA Ames Research Center) contains nearly 30 libraries of generalized subroutines and close to 100 applications built upon those libraries. These utilities have accumulated during four decades or so of software development in the aerospace field.
All are written in Fortran 90 or FORTRAN 77 with potential reuse in mind. The only exception is the C translations of a dozen or so numerics routines grouped as C_utilities.
David Saunders and Robert Kennelly are the primary authors, but miscellaneous contributions by others are gratefully acknowledged.
See 1-line summaries of the libraries and applications under the Files menu. Each library folder also contains 1-line summaries of the grouped subroutines, while each application folder contains READMEs adapted from the main program headers. NASA permission to upload actual software was granted on Jan. 24, 2014 (now mostly done).
- Mostly single-function tools for manipulating multiblock grids and flow solutions
- Rapid searching/interpolation for structured or unstructured grids (ADT methods)
- Automated gridding for axisymmetric capsules; curvature-based discretization
- Some applications of optimization and reusable frameworks for such
- Many general-purpose numerics subroutines and character-manipulation routines
- A mixture of the old and the new, the mundane and the not-so-obvious
- Expected to grow slowly as new functionality is called for
Be the first to post a review of CFD Utilities!