* Removed extraneous colons from nearstars.stc
* Fixed truncation of long label strings in East Asian locales
* Increased size of Goto Object dialog to prevent translated strings from being
* Fixed i18n bug with scripting message
* Removed duplicate install of stars.dat.
* Fix code taking address of a temporary result.
* Fixed compile warnings in 1.6.1 caused by redefinition of UINT64_MAX
* Corrected encoding of cel URLs with non-ASCII characters
* Added check to prevent a crash when string decoding fails
* Added Nils Larsson's patch for libpng-1.4
Data file updates:
* Updated extrasolar planets data files.
* Updated solar system locations files.
* Updated numberedmoons.ssc file.
* Updated Galileo add-on.
* Updated starnames.dat file.
* Linux: Add missing files from extras-standard to Makefiles.
* Linux: fix for Unicode URLs in KDE bookmarks menu.
* Windows: Fixed i18n bug 
* Windows: Save FoV value in bookmarks
* Windows: Added ecliptic line setting to View Options dialog box
* Windows: Fixed i18n bug in Windows Script menu
* Windows: Added link to new HTML help files to Help menu
* Windows: Fixed invisible context menu in fullscreen mode (ATI cards)
* Windows: Fixed menu bar overlapping top of 3D view (ATI cards)
* Windows: Save and restore locations to/from registry
* Windows: Fixed startup crash when using fullwidth utf-8 characters
* Windows: Increased Inno Setup compression settings
* Windows: Allow installer to be run without administrator privileges.
* Additional string translations
- Globular clusters
- "Nebula" and "Open cluster"
- World capitals
* Removed r and R commands from localized help files
* Updated translations
* Additional languages
- Added Chinese Traditional translation
- Added Slovak translation
- Added Galician translation by Xabier Cancela
- Added Belarusian translation from <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Added Norwegian translation from FreewareTips
- Added Turkish translation
- Lighter weight Japanese fonts
- Updated simplified Chinese fonts
- Added Belarusian fonts
* Changed the name of 'Celestial' grid to 'Equatorial'
* Added Runar and Christian's HTML help files
* Added Solstice Mission extension for Cassini in 1.6.1 branch.
* Celx scripting functions:
- Added seturl / geturl commands
- Added synchronizetime / istimesynchronized commands
- Added settextcolor / gettextcolor commands
- Added observer:orbit method
- Added celestia:runscript method
- Made orbitPeriod field available for stars via object:getinfo
* Cel scripting:
- Added boolean occludable parameter to mark command
- Added settextcolor command
* Added mousemove Lua hook
Code optimization and reorganization
* Fixes for gcc-4.5, and include -ldl for systems that need it.
* More granular setting of CFLAGS.