This is cdrtfe 1.4pre/126.96.36.199, an intermediate release for testing
purposes. The features are mostly identical to the current version
1.3.9, however the graphical user interface has been modified. Even
though this release is marked as test release, it should be stable
enough for daily use. As this is a test version only, neither the
translation nor the documentation have been updated.
Please let us know what you think. In our forum at sourceforge
is a thread named 'Feedback: cdrtfe 1.4pre/188.8.131.52' where you can
post your opinion about the new version. This is also the right
place to discuss problems related to the changes.
This release is only available as a potable version, so you can try
it out wihtout interfering with an installed version of cdrtfe.
The changes may have introduced new bugs, so please test and report,
if you find a bug.
Reports about how cdrtfe behaves under Windows 7 are welcome.
Some of the translations haven't been updated for quite a while. Any
help regarding the update of existing or the creation of new
translations is much appreciated.
- Added toolbar
- bigger main window, more space for the project area
- FileExplorer now located within the project area
- Toggle output window (Alt-K)
- Toggle output window and FileExplorer (Alt-J)
- Access disc info and erase functions via menu
- Close output window with Alt-L
* Portable mode:
- Delete registry keys 'HKLM\Software\Cygnus Solutions' and
'HKCU\Software\Cygnus Solutions', if they did not exist at
- Indicate portable mode in splash screen and about box.
- Change search order for cdrtfe.ini. Look first in cdrtfe's
program folder. This allows to use both the portable and
installed version on one system.
* Driver options:
- Support for Yamaha Audiomaster feature: cdrtfe.ini (or
project file), section [cdrecord], Audiomaster=1
- Support for additional cdrecord driver options: cdrtfe.ini
(or project file), section [cdrecord], CustDriverOpts=...
* First (still untested and incomplete) support for BD discs
* Audio CD:
- Convert mp3 files to wav using mpg123 instead of madplay
* CD info:
- Show meta data (isoinfo -d -debug)
* CD Image:
- Check medium type before writing image to disc.
* Workarounds for the Windows DLL (binary planting) vulnerability
- SCSI interface setting (ASPI, SPTI, auto) was ignored during
- Pathnames with '=' weren't handled correctly
- Workaround for problems when running cdrtfe with BB4win/BBLean.
- Debug DLL: Catch possible exception when auto-saving log file
and allow selection of alternative path. In portable mode log
file will be saved to program folder.
- DAE: Hidden audio track could cause wrong track numbering when
saving to a compressed format.
- DAE: Freedb information could lead to invalid filenames.