CDex at a GlanceCDex is a hugely popular ripper and encoder that MP3 software fans love for its ability to accurately apply jitter correction, normalize tracks to level the audio signal, and safeguard volume levels. Tracks can be read and recorded from the CD's .ini file or from the Internet‘s CDDB database. CDex uses the LAME encoder, which works with a variety of encoding tools and formats, allowing you to transcode one compressed file format to another. For example, CDex allows you to convert your MP3s to WAV files and burn CDs with your favorite burning utility. That’s why CDex is a fantastic, must have, Open Source program!
Product DetailsHere is a detailed list of some of CDex’s features popular features:
- Easy-to-use interface
- Media file player—Supports PLS and M3U playlist files.
- Support for a variety of formats and encoders—MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, OGG, WAV, MP2, Musepack, Ape, VQF and many others.
- Support for the following options—Advanced jitter correction, ID3v2+v1 tagging, audio normalization, transcoding of compressed audio files, analog input recording and meta tagging with CDDB, and Musicbrainz.
- Multi-language support
|Rips CDs to standard digital sound files such as WAV, MP3, or Ogg Vorbis.||CDex is a bit slow but it gets the job done and it’s free so the trade-off is fair.|
- Version: 1.77 Portable
- Date added: March 3, 2015
- Operating systems: Windows
CDex is a free Audio CD ripper, extractor, and converter for various formats and encoders such as MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, OGG, WAV, MP2, Musepack, Ape, VQF and many others. It features advanced jitter correction, ID3v2+v1 tagging, audio normalization, transcoding of compressed audio files, analog input recording, and meta tagging with CDDB and Musicbrainz. And CDex has been translated to various languages.
- Easy to use interface
- Media File Player with PLS and M3U file playlist creation
- Advanced jitter correction
- Supports the cdparanoia software extraction libraries, many file formats/audio encoders (WAV, MP3, "Ogg" Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, APE, etc.), ID3 V.1 and V.2 tags, normalization of audio files, transcoding of compressed audio files, Cuesheets and Musicbrainz tagging, freeCDDB, recording from the analog input line, and on-the-fly encoding
- Multi-language support
- Details: Lame MP3 encoder 3.99.5 - MPEG Audio Layer III (.mp3); FLAC encoder 1.31 - Free Lossless Audio Codec (.flac); Ogg Vorbis encoder - Ogg 1.3.2 and Vorbis 1.3.4 (.ogg .oga); Monkey's Audio encoder - Lossless Audio(.ape); Microsoft WMA encoder - Windows Media Audio (.wma); Internal MP2 encoder - MPEG Audio Layer 2 (.mp2); Yamaha VQF encoder - TwinVQ (.vqf); Astrid / Quartex AAC encoder; Psytel AAC encoder; External Xing encoder; WAV output encoder; FAAC encoder - Freeware Advanced Audio Coder; FAAD2 decoder; Gogo-no-coda encoder; External musepack encoder; NTT VQF encoder; Windows MP3 encoder (Fraunhofer MP3 encoder); Windows WMA8 encoder