CDex is a free Audio CD ripper, extractor, and converter for various formats and encoders, e.g. MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, OGG, WAV, MP2, Musepack, Ape, VQF and many others. It features advanced jitter correction, ID3v2+v1 tagging, audio normalization, transcoding of compressed audio files, analog input recording and also meta tagging with CDDB and Musicbrainz. CDex has been translated to various languages.
- Easy to use interface
- Media File Player
- Create PLS and M3U playlist files
- Advanced jitter correction
- Supports the cdparanoia software extraction libraries
- Support for many file formats/audio encoders (WAV, MP3, (Ogg) Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, APE, etc.)
- Support for ID3 V.1 and V.2 tags
- Support for normalization of audio files
- Support for transcoding of compressed audio files
- Support for Cuesheets
- Support for Musicbrainz tagging
- Support for freeCDDB
- Support for recording from the analog input line
- Support for on the fly encoding
- Translations for various laguages
- Lame MP3 encoder 3.99.5 - MPEG Audio Layer III (.mp3); FLAC encoder 1.30 - Free Lossless Audio Codec (.flac); Ogg Vorbis encoder - Ogg 1.3.2 and Vorbis 1.3.4 (.ogg .oga); Monkey's Audio encoder - Lossless Audio(.ape); Microsoft WMA encoder - Windows Media Audio (.wma)
- Internal MP2 encoder - MPEG Audio Layer 2 (.mp2); Yamaha VQF encoder - TwinVQ (.vqf); Astrid / Quartex AAC encoder; Psytel AAC encoder; External Xing encoder; WAV output encoder; FAAC encoder - Freeware Advanced Audio Coder; FAAD2 decoder; Gogo-no-coda encoder; External musepack encoder; NTT VQF encoder; Windows MP3 encoder (Fraunhofer MP3 encoder); Windows WMA8 encoder
Works like a charm... Easy to use and configure, but may be difficult to use for newbies. Plenty of encoders to choose from and you add ones that are not there like TrueAudio or OptimFROG. Exact Audio Copy has been frozen in development for a long time, so CDex is a great replacement. I also would like to see support for AccurateRip in future versions. That would be such a great feature to add. Thanks developers!!!
Not intuitive and did not work. I tried to cancel my donation but Paypal doesn't seem to have that option.
Rips CDs that Windows Media Player wouldn't touch without giving you errors on 90% of the tracks. Slowly and meticulously gives you what you want. Good job, a new-discovered golden oldie!
Pretty good program for ripping CDs if you still have any. Definitely more flexible than something like Windows Media Player. Handles most of the common and not so common formats. Not the simplest software, but I wouldn't say it's difficult to use. It does a lot which may cause it to be a little more complicated than simpler apps like Windows Media Player, but it's much more capable. I'm on Windows 7 x64 by the way.
Thanks for software and updates.