Developed under Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/12/13 and .Net Framework 4.0/4.5 for Windows XP and later, but also successfully demonstrated under Mono for Linux.
The application can fully process a wide selection of PCAP NG, PCAP and NA Sniffer packet captures and can fully unpack a range of frames, packets and datagrams therein, but the unpacked data is not utilised in the configured version of the code.
Without additional knowledge of the structure of the messages, the application cannot handle multiple messages within a TCP packet.
The code can perform latency analysis for packet round trips across a network and analysis for time messages on a network, but you must add in RegisterMessageReceipt and RegisterTimeMessageReceipt calls, respectively, into specific message handling to utilise this functionality.
Histograms are output for the latency and time analysis results.
The aim is to further develop the application to support dumping of useful data from captured packets to CSV
- Parses PCAP Next Generation packet captures (version 1.0)
- Parses PCAP packet captures (version 2.4)
- Parses NA Sniffer packet captures (version 4.0)
- Can perform latency analysis for packet roundtrips across a network
- Can performance analysis of consistency of time messages across a network
- Extracts IEEE 802.3 Ethernet frames
- Extracts Ethernet II frames
- Extracts ARP packets
- Extracts TCP packets
- Extracts UDP datagrams
- Extracts ICMPv4 packets
- Extracts IGMPv2 packets
- Extracts Configuration Test Protocol (Loopback) packets
- Extracts LLDP packets
- Handles spuriously exposed trailer bytes in packet capture
- Outputs histograms for latency analysis results
Be the first to post a review of C# Packet Capture Analyser!