This is a C# library dedicated for using with a www.canusb.com device
Full notes: See ReadMe.txt
The LAWICEL DLL is 'unmanaged code' and was not designed for use by C#/VB/Mono
If you wish to call 'unmanaged code' from 'managed code', you need to use a 'C# wrapper' to access the DLL. This wrapper uses 'PInvoke' (like peek/poke) to 'martial' calls from managed to unmanaged code. It sounds complicated, and it is.
IT IS ALSO TOTALLY UNNECESSARY. Why not have the DLL as managed code?? Why not simply reference the library in your project and just call its functions?? This project does just that
LGPLV3.: In summary, the only thing we ask is if you improve / bugfix / extend the library then feed these changes back into the project by emailing jon_newcomb or requesting sourceforge access. Applications you develop that use this library are not covered by this licence and can remain closed source and commercial
- A CANUSB Library written in C# that can be referenced in your C# / VB project
- AVOID ‘PInvoke’ / Wrappers / marshalling calls to Unmanaged code. It’s just nasty and unnecessary!
- AVOID the need to install DLLs into the system directory
- Your application 'pulls' CAN messages from a the CANUSB Library queue
- A separate can message object helps user creates and handles messages more easily.
- Example software is provided
- Callback on message received not supported, but easily added.
Be the first to post a review of CANUSB Library written in C#!