CalculiX Binaries for MS Windows, made with CYGWIN and ARPACK libraries. CalculiX is most popular FEA open-source package (like Code-Aster and Elmer-FEM). it is comparable in features with most known commercial packages like ANSYS, NASTRAN, Abaqus, etc. Good for structural, mechanical, thermal and fluid applications (trusses, plates, frames, shells, solid bodies). It has powerful nonlinear capabilities (including tension/compression only material like concrete) and most types of analysis (modal, thermal, buckling, coupled, etc) . See home page at http://www.dhondt.de
- Static analysis (linear, geometric and material nonlinearities)
- Modal (frequency) analysis
- Export mesh to ANSYS, NASTRAN, Code-Aster, OpenFOAM
- Dynamic analysis (transient, steady state dynamics), nonlinear (implicit, explicit)
- Heat transfer (steady state, transient)
- Coupled thermomechanical analysis (steady state, transient)
- Steady-state networks
- Laplace and Helmholtz problems by analogy
- Kinematic behavior (Rigid body motion, etc)
- Wide range of element types and nonlinearities.
I tried to repeat example from youtube. For all versions of the program by pressing the "update" will generate an error Debug assertion fayled (windows 32, 64).
calculixforwin works great
Easy to install and use.