Dedicated to computer-aided engineering Linux distributionRead More
CAELinux is a live DVD Linux distribution dedicated to open source engineering with a focus on Computer Aided Engineering and Scientific Computing. Based on Ubuntu, it features a full software solution for open source production development with many CAD/CAM/CAE applications. It includes Freecad & LibreCad 2D/3D CAD systems, Salome & GMSH pre/post processors, Code_Aster & Calculix non-linear FE solver, Code-Saturne & OpenFOAM CFD solvers, Elmer multiphysics suite, Helyx-OS, Discretizer, EnGrid & Netgen 3D meshers, GEDA, KiCad & Arduin electronic design tools, PyCAM, OpenSCAM & Cura for CNC G-code generation, GNU Octave, Rkward, wxMaxima, Scilab, Scipy & Spyder for computationnal & mathematics modeling, and many more.
- CAD/CAM & 3D printing: Freecad, OpenSCAD, LibreCad, Pycam, OpenSCAM, GCAM, dxf2gcode & Cura
- FEA, CFD & multiphysic simulation: Code-Aster, Code-Saturne, OpenFOAM, Elmer FEM, Calculix, Impact FEM, MBDyn
- Meshing, pre-post, & visualization: Pre/post processing packages: Paraview 3.10.2, Discretizer, EnGrid 1.4, Helyx-OS, Elmer GUI, Netgen, Tetgen, CGX, GMSH v2.5, Salome v.6., Meshlab
- Electronic design and prototyping: GEDA suite, KiCad, Fritzing, Arduino, dxf2gcode / cadpy for PCB isolation milling.
- Scientific & development tools like GNU Octave (+ QtOctave GUI ), R & Rkward, Scilab, wxMaxima, Scipy & Spyder IDE, Qt Creator, gcc, gfortran, g++, python, perl, tcl/tk, ruby compilers
- Scientific writing and office tools: Latex , Texmaker , Lyx , LibreOffice, Gimp, Inkscape, Jabref
- Based on XUbuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit for maximum compatibility
- Available as an installable ISO image for DVD/USB flash drive; ready to use on laptop, workstations or even clusters (with OpenMPI)
- Cloud-computing ready: Amazon EC2 image available in EU and US-East regions for standard and cluster compute instances
KEEP ME UPDATEDGet project updates, sponsored content from our select
partners, and more.
CAELinux a pleasant breeze in the CAD/CAE field, where engineers are forced to burn their money for expensive licenses. This Linux distro is a collection of reliable tools that need knowledge and skills, not money, to get your tasks done. - IMPORTANT: As soon as you install CAE_Linux at your machine's harddisk/usb whatever, DON'T forget to install the Hardware Enablement Stack for Ubuntu 12.04 by issuing following command: ' sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-saucy xserver-xorg-lts-saucy libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-saucy ' - This command will install the latest hardware drivers and latest kernel automatically.
hi MeNoTu =Caelinux menosoft.users.sourceforge.net Caelinux is excellent
The best worth work to contribute to the dissemination of open-source CAE tools. Excellent!
Great software, thank you.
Easy to install and use.