butt (broadcast using this tool) is an easy to use, multi OS streaming tool.
It supports ShoutCast and IceCast and runs on Linux, MacOS and Windows.
The main purpose of butt is to stream live audio data from your computers Mic or Line input
to an Shoutcast or Icecast server. Recording is also possible.
It is NOT intended to be a server by itself or automatically stream a set of audio files.
- Works with SHOUTcast and Icecast
- Runs on all three major operating systems. Mac OS X, Linux and Windows up to 8.1
- Supports mp3, ogg/vorbis and ogg/opus for streaming
- Supports mp3, ogg/vorbis, ogg/opus, flac and wav for recording
- Is able to connect to a server after starting up automatically
- Is able to start a recording after connecting to a server automatically
- Recording can be split after a user defined amount of time
- Current song can either be updated manually or automatically by reading a file
- Configuration files can be imported and exported
- Status display shows infos about the current state (click on it)
- Automatically reconnects in case the connection has been interrupted
- Has a VU Meter with peak hold
- Is able to attentuate and amplify the input volume
- Can stream and record with different bitrates
- Display colors can be changed as desired
Gets better all the time! Now with Opus! Can't wait to open a new opus stream Fine program. If you have skips, or drops on Ubuntu - close and reopen butt. Should be clear then. Hopefully I can figure out why this is happening. Once it runs right, good as gold. Ted
Server Audio Streaming - Shoutcast - Icecast - Centovacast - Autodj www.hostingshoutcast.com
This is excellent app, very stable. I use this program for live streaming and recording, work for months without problem. Simple to use. I would like only one more option, possibility to set different dating scheme for recorded files. Now by default when recording starts file is named by date. I use split every hour option. It would be nice to have possibility to set that every new file is named with date and time when this file is recorded.
I have used this product for years to live stream into Second Life. It is easy to use and very dependable. Thanks :) Caoilte Skytower
I've been streaming live music with the BUTT broadcaster for 6 years. I've never had any issues with it. I'd love it if you would create a broadcaster for use on my android tablet. CelticMaidenWarrior