butt (broadcast using this tool) is an easy to use, multi OS streaming tool.
It supports ShoutCast and IceCast and runs on Linux, MacOS and Windows.
The main purpose of butt is to stream live audio data from your computers Mic or Line input
to an Shoutcast or Icecast server. Recording is also possible.
It is NOT intended to be a server by itself or automatically stream a set of audio files.
- Works with SHOUTcast and Icecast
- Runs on all three major operating systems. Mac OS X, Linux and Windows up to 8.1
- Supports mp3 and ogg for streaming
- Supports mp3, ogg and wav for recording
- Is able to connect to a server after starting up automatically
- Is able to start a recording after connecting to a server automatically
- Recording can be split after a user defined amount of time
- Current song can either be updated manually or automatically by reading a file
- Configuration files can be imported and exported
- Status display shows infos about the current state (click on it)
- Automatically reconnects in case the connection was interrupted
- Has a VU Meter with peak hold
- Is able to attentuate and amplify the input volume
- Can stream and record with different channel and sample rate settings
- Display colors can be changed as desired
There are no 4 star reviews.