I have created this text editor to help blind people to write whatever they want in text using Braille. As a teacher i decided that it would be good to learn Braille. When i started i came up with this idea. Firstly this was only a text editor but now i have impove it so it has triple use :
1. It is a text editor for Blind people
2. It helps blind children to familiarize themselves with computer
3. It has a grafical interface so this can be used by anyone who know Braille (and not only them cause the software comes with a reference to letters, symbols and numbers in Braille). It is a really good for practice.
There is a beta online version of the program. You can check it out here :
- Vocal Instructions
- With this software blind people can write iimmediately in text, they can save it and then share it. This file can be used by anyone and opened it by popular text editors (such as word).
- It really helps the blind children to familirize themselves with computer cause it uses the most of the keyboard. It is really useful while it has vocal instructons for all the interface (that was the original purpose)
- Last but not least it can be used by anyone to practice on Braille and it is a portable software that can be used anytime, anywhere.
- Currently there are translations for Greek, English and Turkish. I am working on Russian, Bulgarian, German.
- I will be happy to make translaton in other languages, but i need your help by translating the below files : braille-s.org/index.php?option=com_ckforms&view=ckforms&id=3&Itemid=7
Be the first to post a review of Braille-s Software!