fre:ac is a free audio converter and CD ripper for various formats and encoders. It features MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, and Bonk format support, integrates freedb/CDDB, CDText and ID3v2 tagging and is available in several languages.
- Converts between MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC and Bonk formats
- Integrated audio CD ripper with freedb/CDDB support
- Easy to learn and use, still offering expert options when you need them
- Portable application to install on a USB drive and run everywhere
- Completely free and open source without any ads or other malware
Good software. The only problem is the look of the gui (Imitating the Windows xp theme rather than using it).
good soft. I used this for .flv video to extract sound and convert to .wav : good quality. Thanks !
Work well and fast. Have detailed options to convert audio. Many times don't erase audio atributes like information libraries.
Very impressive and convenient software, even with multicore-support (Gets my i7-3770K on 50% load). Easy to use, and very fast. Good performance. But it crashes or freezes after 1-2min when in a conversion prozess. No option for creating the playlist/cuesheet in the input folder, when output folder = input dir. It does only create it in the designated output folder...
Amazing software! Strongly recommend it. :)