fre:ac is a free audio converter and CD ripper for various formats and encoders. It features MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, and Bonk format support, integrates freedb/CDDB, CDText and ID3v2 tagging and is available in several languages.
- Converts between MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC and Bonk formats
- Integrated audio CD ripper with freedb/CDDB support
- Easy to learn and use, still offering expert options when you need them
- Portable application to install on a USB drive and run everywhere
- Completely free and open source without any ads or other malware
My new audio converter
Fantastic application. It is everything I needed. 10 thumbs up!
This project really deserve all credits it can get. So do consider a donation, as the man behind the code really deserves it. B.T.W. with my best 2 the coder
Great app so far (trying out today!) Had to move to a new audio converter due to Win10 breaking with the old XP Digital Plus Pack Audio Converter (remember that?!). This program handled a large batch of an Amazon Classical album of 170 songs with 255 char length titles/filenames without croaking. I used it to go from MP3 to VBR WMA and it went through just fine. Found my new audio converter. Author was very responsive to questions in the forum, very refreshing; fre:ac will join my other favorites mp3tag and album art downloader.