fre:ac is a free audio converter and CD ripper for various formats and encoders. It features MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, and Bonk format support, integrates freedb/CDDB, CDText and ID3v2 tagging and is available in several languages.
- Converts between MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC and Bonk formats
- Integrated audio CD ripper with freedb/CDDB support
- Easy to learn and use, still offering expert options when you need them
- Portable application to install on a USB drive and run everywhere
- Completely free and open source without any ads or other malware
Very good application to retrieve music in CD format to other formats like mp3.
Used this excellent program to convert all of my ALAC ripped CD's to MP3 and found very easy to use. There were a few minor issues which the author is working on (like not been able to select multiple folders in one go) but in general it worked and did exactly what you ask it to do. It has a whole host of different encoders to suit most music player requirements and with the new multi encoder it'll convert them all faster (if you have multiple processors)!
My new audio converter
Fantastic application. It is everything I needed. 10 thumbs up!