fre:ac is a free audio converter and CD ripper for various formats and encoders. It features MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, and Bonk format support, integrates freedb/CDDB, CDText and ID3v2 tagging and is available in several languages.
- Converts between MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC and Bonk formats
- Integrated audio CD ripper with freedb/CDDB support
- Easy to learn and use, still offering expert options when you need them
- Portable application to install on a USB drive and run everywhere
- Completely free and open source without any ads or other malware
Amazing software! Strongly recommend it. :)
It works nicely on Windows 8.1. Certain features really exceeded my expectations - such as convert to source directory and ability to drag files into files directly into the list (the devil (that makes SW usable) is hidden in a detail). I would welcome if the list of files would change depending on output file name pattern.
".wav is not supported" message...
The best multi format encoding / cross-coding tool there is.
piece of Sh#$, i downloaded/installed it in vista(vista sux too) and win8.1 and when i open the files i want to convert to, i just stop!!!!