Rainmeter script for extracting weather from the www.bom.gov.au Website
bomWeather - Forecast and Observation Weather Script for Australia
1) Install Rainmeter from www.rainmeter.net
2) Download the latest rmskin file from http://sourceforge.net/projects/bomweather/files/
3) Open the file in Explorer to automatically import
4) If using for the first time you will be prompted to run the setup script in the following location:
Using The Script
First thing is to make sure you can see the Melbourne weather - which is the default. You should see this if you:
1) Start Rainmeter Client
2) Open the Rainmeter Manager and load the kanine bomWeather skin - bomWeather.ini
3) It may take a minute for the meters to refresh as the data is pulled from the bom.gov.au website
4) Once the default set up is working, edit the RainmetetbomWeather.vbs using Notepad and customise for your town. Make sure to leave the ' on the line that says Example. There are more details on configuration in the FAQs
Support Forum Link
Forecast not showing?
There will be a short delay the first time you open the script, the impatient among you can run the following script to update forecast information immediately:
If it still isn't working contact me in the Rainmeter forum.
Occasionally you may get a forecast icon of NA. This means the simple conversion of the forecast text is failing.
Just drop me a note with the forecast text at the time and I will fix it.
The phases of the moon csv was created with information from http://www.ga.gov.au/earth-monitoring/astronomical-information/moon-phase-data.html, it will need to be updated annually for accurate results
kanine (Whirlpool Forums)