Blocking map is a Map that additionally supports operations that wait for a key to be available when retrieving an element. Blocking map acts as a synchronizer between producers and consumers in concurrent environment.
- Abstraction & implementation separated. Separate BlockingMap interface & BlockingMap implementation provided.
- Conforms & extends Map interface in collection framework.
- Refined, unambiguous & consistent semantics.
- Finer locking for improved through-put.
- Comprehensive documentation. SRS, testcases, Javadocs included with release.
- Liberal licensing - LGPL.