Bit-Twist is a simple yet powerful libpcap-based Ethernet II (IEEE 802.3) packet generator that comes complete with a comprehensive pcap capture file editor. Bit-Twist runs on Mac OS X (and *BSD), Linux, and Windows.
- Runs on Mac OS X (and *BSD), Linux, and Windows
- Send multiple trace files at a time
- Send packets at a specific speed or line rate in Mbps
- Packet editor with control over fields in Ethernet, ARP, IP, ICMP, TCP, and UDP headers
- Automatic header checksum correction
- Append user payload to existing packets after a specific header
- Select a specific range of packets and save them in another trace file
Bittwist is great for crafting custom packets to test the Next Generation Firewalls my company is busy devleping. Thanks for the hard work.
Finally a packet replay and editing tool that simply works on all major platforms and command line (can be used in scripts, ..) Perfect for testing during development and validation phase. I was looking for a packet replay tool, continuous looping multicast data feeds for debugging and testing radar data feed quality monitoring tools. Great work guys !
One of the easiest apps to use
thank you bittwist