1. Install the plug-in jars net.sf.basheclipse.core_1.0.2.v20110926.jar and
net.sf.basheclipse.ui_1.0.2.v20110926.jar in the Eclipse 3.7 plug-in directory (i.e. eclipse/plugins). Delete old version.
2. Install ShellEd as described in this guide - http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/shelled/wiki/Documentation/InstallGuide
3. Bash version must be at least v3. The version of bash you are using needs to be compiled with the flag --enable-net-redirections.
1) Create Shell Script Project
File -> New -> Other -> Shell Script -> Shell Script Project Wizard.
2) Create a Bash script file
File -> New -> File
For this example, it will be "script.sh". Extension should be ".sh" and is a must.
3) Copy the file "_DEBUG.sh" to project folder.
4) Insert the following text to the top of the file "script.sh":
5) If the file is created in the Windows then sure to execute the File -> Convert Line Delimiters To -> Unix.
6) Set up a debug launch configuration
Run -> Debug Configurations -> Bash script...
There are 2 fields to set here
a) "Bash script:" - Path in workspace of Eclipse to the Bash script to debug.
e) "Debugger port:" 33333
7) Switch to The Debug perspective. Start the debugging session. Launch "script.sh" from bash shell.