Full service Media Player for music, videos, podcasts, etc.
Banshee is an open-source media player which uses the GStreamer multimedia platform for encoding and decoding various media formats, including Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and FLAC. Banshee can play and import audio CDs and supports many portable media players, including Apple's iPod, Android devices and Creative's ZEN players. Other features include Last.fm integration, album artwork fetching, smart playlists and podcast support. Banshee is released under the terms of the MIT License.
- Music Playlists. Search. Sort. Cover art. BPM detection. *Automatic file organization. *Library folder watcher.
- Videos Enjoy your video collection within Banshee as well.
- Podcasts Subscribe to podcasts and stream or download episodes.
- Audiobooks Organize audiobooks, lectures, etc.
- MP3 Players and Phones Sync your music and videos to your Android, iPod, iPhone, or other device - or import its media. Files are transcoded as needed. Choose to sync your entire library, or just one playlist.
- CDs Listen to and rip Audio CDs.
- Search Search your library or a playlist to find what you want fast.
- Bookmarks Set a bookmark on any song, video, or podcast so you can return to it later.
- Playlists Put your tracks into playlists, optionally with custom ordering.
- Smart Playlists Create playlists that automatically include any matching tracks.
- Play Queue Queue tracks in an ad-hoc playlist, or let the Auto DJ take over Shuffle Modes
- *Metadata Fixup Fix broken and missing metadata using bulk operations
- *Minimode Control Banshee through a small window with only playback controls and track information.
- Context Pane View the Wikipedia entry for the playing artist, similar artists and albums, or YouTube videos by the artist
- *MPRIS 2.0 D-Bus interface Control Banshee using the MPRIS D-Bus interface.
There are no thumbs down reviews.