Store your contacts and calendars on your own Synology NAS, away from the inquisitive eyes of Google, NSA and others.
Baïkal itself is an already existing, lightweight CardDAV (contacts) and CalDAV (calendar) server. Baïkal is based on other great open source projects like SabreDAV, Twig, and Twitter Bootstrap to ensure top quality. The source code is public, and available to everyone on GitHub. Baïkal is copyright (c) 2013 by Jérôme Schneider, the homepage is http://baikal-server.com.
This SPK package for Synology integrates the Baïkal "flat package", making it easy to install Baïkal on your Synology NAS. The package and manual were made by Erik "Basalt".
If you like Baïkal, please consider making a small donation to the developer Jerome Schneider.
German Synology Forum (writing English is fine):
- Baïkal CardDAV server for Contacts
- Baïkal CalDAV server for Calendars
- Lightweight, 2 MB code base, just wat you need: nothing more, nothing less.
- Install, upgrade and uninstall using DSM Package Center
- Baïkal icon in the DSM Start Menu for the Baïkal Web Admin configuration tool
- Unlock the Web Admin using DSM Package Center (stop/run)
- Your choice: use SQLite or MySQL to store contacts/calendar data
- Suitable for DSM 4.2 and 4.3 (DSM 5 beta: experimental)
- Written in PHP and shell scripts, should run on any Synology NAS ("no architecture")
- The base version number of this package (x.y.z) is equal to the Baïkal version
- Comprehensive manual (PDF file), also covering the Client side configuration
Very good project. We really need this feature on Synology devices. Just one point : it would be great if this package could use ssl instead of just using http (maybe it's possible for now but I don't know how and it's not written in the manual). Nevertheless, thank you for your work, I was looking for this feature for a long time.