Backit Down v.220.127.116.114 Release Notes
This crossplatform GUI application will help you to keep files and folders synchronized on different computers.
Platform: Windows 32, Linux, Unix
Requirements to build: wxGTK
Compilators: GCC, MS Visual Studio (express is enough)
- Eliminated possibility of folder rules reordering on importing projects database
- Some interface modifications on approve actions dialog
- Check for updates, homepage referrance added to the help menu
- Ignore directory rule: the path must begin and terminate with the path separator
- Fixed removing empty directories after synchronization done
- Added option to export Backit metadata after synchronization
- English version of the help is ready
- Action approvement checks fixed
- Fixed media list on the folder rules testbed dialog
- Fixed bug with options saving
- Some interface neating has been done
- Fixed help window overhanging on Windows
- Fixed bug with adding rules with deleted flag set
- Added main menu commands, menu accelerators
- Help system implementation
- Fixed syncing only user-approved files
- Added files filtering on synchronization approval dialog
- Some locale fixes for RPM to be built
- Because of packaging conflicts wxsqlite3 sources included to the project and linked statically
- RPM built by the mean OpenSuSE Build Service for OpenSuSE 11.3 at last
- Linking on *nix platform backit uses now libbz2
- A plan for synchronizatin testing has been developed and performed
- Discovered and fixed by hot tracks bugs on mutual synchronization while testing on Windows
- Same on Linux
- DialogRun - fixed progress bar behaviour.
- Select sync items: fixed wrong itemes caption in case of copying from medium to computer.
- Fixed running rules testbed on media. Add Rule fired column
- All SQL constant put as static const wxString
- Added commandline params: help and version
- Autoconf - insert correct version of the package, script acm to do this, autoreconf and automake
- Two staged syncing: checking disables other checkboxes
- swxSync deleted from project. Its' functions split between swxAnalyze and swxCopy
- Rules testbed files filtering speeded up
- Load rules: fixed folder rules' loading, insertion, deletion
- Added possibility to split synchronization on two stages: analyze, then after user's confirmation commit copying
- Folder rules testbed - added sorting files, adding sthereotypic rules, filtering
- Fixed filetime differences on USB from Windows to Linux
- Add/delete folder rule won't be saved instantly to the database
but only if PanelRules->SaveRules() called.
- Testing on Windows - actions seem ok. But there is a 2 seconds error
on a FAT32 USB drive either I call SetFileTime or just copy files in the explorer!
Since Backit ignores error < 3 seconds this fact doesn't make the tool miscopy files.
- Fixed file size output to log
- Elaborated folder rules testbed:
- Color marks on allowed/ignored files
- Popup menu on files (being implemented)
- Files statistics
- Rules manipulation controls delivered to a separate panel class PanelRules
- Added options dialog
- Program interface translated to Russian
- Minor inaccuracies fixed
Plans and assistance needed
Come to this later
Backit Down License Agreement
Backit Down license based on BSD license but contains additional third item which suggests to call the product "doctorware". The text of the license agreement follows:
Copyright (c) 2011, Alexander Belkov All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* The end user must acknowledge human essence of the physicians, videlicet: doctor's right to err, doctor's privacy and working time limits. The user must not judge on the doctor's professional qualities unless the user is a doctor himself (herself) or has a professional duty to make judgements. The end user must refrain from the attempts to teach a doctor to do medical duties and must come to see a doctor being neat and clean.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Hope you'll enjoy the program!
You may wish to write me a letter. My e-mail is shown below - welcome to do.