Avogadro is an advanced molecular editor designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, bioinformatics, materials science and related areas. It offers a flexible rendering framework and a powerful plugin architecture.
- Cross-Platform: Molecular builder for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Free, Open Source: Easy to install and all source code is available (GNU GPL)
- International: Translations into Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish and more
- Intuitive: Built to work easily for students and advanced researchers both.
- Fast: Supports multi-threaded rendering and computation.
- Extensible: Plugin architecture for developers, including rendering, interactive tools, commands, and Python scripts
- Flexible: Features include Open Babel import of chemical files, multiple computational packages, crystals, biomolecules, etc.
Most of packages for Windows are without Python console. I need the feature and find avogadro-1.0.1-python-win32.exe, which is the only package with Python console. I hope the developers will enable the console in the future.
Thanks for great project! Simply the best.Good,good,good.+1
Avogadro works wonderful.
Amazing project, thanks for giving out
It took me quite long to get used to interface - still it was worth it. Highly recommended.