An automatic sample librarian tool for musicians
Aural Probe is a sample librarian tool for computer musicians/audio engineers. Automatically and non-destructively index your disorganised sample collection from a list of folders into categories (kick, snare, hihats etc.) based on folder/filename wildcard matches. Easily audition samples, load/save favourites, and drag-and-drop straight into your sequencer.
- Categorize your huge sample collections (20GB+) without moving a single file
- Create categories based on file/folder keyword matches (eg. Kick category = "bd", "kick", "bassdrum")
- Quickly audition through samples with arrow keys or mouse
- Filter samples by file type (WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP3, WMA, OGG)
- Full drag-and-drop support (simply drag a sample from Aural Probe into your sequencer/sampler, just like Windows Explorer)
- Mark favorites, filter by favorites, load/save favorite lists
- Automatic rescan and categorization of samples on changed categories or sample folder layout
- See details about highlighted sample in status bar
- 'Always on top' mode to make frequent dragging of samples into other windows easier
- Right-click a sample for frequently used shortcuts (Explore, Copy, Copy Shortcut, Favorite)
- 100% read-only - does not move/modify your samples, just indexes them
- Minimize to system tray
Very useful. Thanks.
Thank you for developing this. This saves me so much time, instead of trying to use the browsers built into my DAW(s)
auralprobe is fast and easy to use
small and efficient and gets the job done.
Aural Probe is nothing short of fantastic. I find it utterly essential during sound design and experimentation sessions.