Easily switch between ANY sound device on your Windows PC. (Windows Vista and above only)
Using this application you can switch output OR input sound devices at the click of a button, or the press of a key.
I designed this application to be incredibly small and lightweight. There is no bloat, it does exactly what it should, nothing more, nothing less.
There is an inbuilt update checking system, or you can check manually. There aren't many updates as Audio Switcher is pretty mature.
- Windows Vista/7/8 32-bit or 64-bit (Vista and 32-bit remains untested, but assumed working)
- .NET 3.5
Have some great ideas for features you want added?
Or maybe you just want to tell me how awesome it is?
You can tweet at me @xenolightning and include #audioswitcher
Updated with a Donate Link. Audio Switcher is developed by me, for free, and will remain free; so why not buy me a beer for my efforts? :-D
- Change Windows Default Audio devices without opening Control Panel
- Windows Vista/7/8 32/64 bit
- Full Global Hot Key support which allows you to change the default audio device with the press of a key
- Favourite Devices - Only your "favourite" devices will show up in the Tray Icon Menu.
- Quick switch: Click on the notification icon once and it will cycle through your favourited devices! Great if you have two devices you switch between often.
- Settings support for closing to tray, starting minimized to tray and running at start up (using a registry key)
- Optional: Periodically check for updates
I've used many audio switchers and for some reason I have never used this until now! You really can't get any simpler than this, it doesn't really need anymore functionality, it already does everything you need from an audio switcher. This is by far the BEST audio switcher around! If anyone reading this has a headset, you need this one! Great program and a must have! Thanks!! 5* for all
Finally I ran into this!! Excellent portable program. It does what it says with many useful options and it's really easy to use and lightweight. Totally love it! Infinite thanks!!!!
Just does what I needed. If you set it to start minimized with Windows, you can right-click the gadget in the systray to get a single menu for audio output AND input. No longer need to use the inconvenient (and nearly hidden to ordinary users) Windows 7 command (even if you create a special audio settings shortcut, you have to navigate through tabs, then close the window...) A small improvement could be adding a slider for adjusting power like in AudioSwitch;) - which does not control the input and therefore does not suit my needs: if you change the output you may have to control the input in order to avoid Larsen effect.
Works as expected. Would have liked to be able to left click to choose output though(now one can only right click).
Good program, does what it should. But the documentation is indifferent (or well-hidden, I couldn't find it ;-) And I'd repeat the request for programmable icons so I can see at a glance whether I'm on headphones or speakers. And a slap on the wrist -- all programs should have an uninstall function, preferably in Control Panel. --- Derek