Easily switch the default audio device, input or output, on any Windows PC (Vista and above)
Using this application you can switch output OR input sound devices at the click of a button, or the press of a key.
I designed this application to be incredibly small and lightweight. There is no bloat, it does exactly what it should, nothing more, nothing less.
- Windows Vista/7/8 32-bit or 64-bit
- .NET 4.0 Client Profile
Have some great ideas for features you want added?
Or maybe you just want to tell me how awesome it is?
You can tweet at me @xenolightning and include #audioswitcher
Updated with a Donate Link. Audio Switcher is developed by me, for free, and will remain free; so why not buy me a beer for my efforts? :-D
NOTE: All old .NET 3.5 version will remain available for download, but there will no support or regular bug fixes for any older version.
Have an issue? Log it here: https://github.com/xenolightning/AudioSwitcher_v1/issues
- Change Windows Default Audio devices without opening Control Panel
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 32/64 bit
- Full Global Hot Key support which allows you to change the default audio device with the press of a key
- Favourite Devices - Only your "favourite" devices will show up in the Tray Icon Menu.
- Quick switch: Click on the notification icon once and it will cycle through your favourited devices! Great if you have two devices you switch between often.
- Settings support for closing to tray, starting minimized to tray and running at start up (using a registry key)
- Optional: Periodically check for updates
Allows you to switch to a different audio device very quickly with just one click or the press of a hotkey.
Does exactly what you need it to, clean, simple, out of the way.
Awesome tool. I suggest to add the ability to rename a device (f.e. with my DELL Latitude, I have the same device name for output to internal speakers and to external ones when docked to the docking station, it's a nightmare to select the right one).
This utility is very useful! I will donate, but how much beer for the C# source? ;-) Suggestions, some already mentioned: (1) Same hotkey to cycle a group of devices (like the "quick switch" feature) (2) Allow a single hotkey to change both a playback and a recording device (3) Configurable system tray icons that reflect current devices, especially the recording device. Regarding other reviews: The 1-star rating from yzx333 isn't fair because (s)he is using XP, a good old O/S, but not advertised as supported. Does it deserve 1 star because it won't work on my Commodore 64? :D And an uninstall isn't neccesary since the app isn't "installed" in the traditional sense, except for the registry change when "start when Windows starts" is selected. But you don't need an uninstall to uncheck this, or to delete the two files (EXE & INI). The "portable" design is perfect as far as I'm concerned! Well done!
Must have if you are a gamer and swap between a headset and speakers a lot. Setting up some hotkeys to swap is amazing. I love it so much I just donated a few bucks to the creator :)