Easily switch the default audio device, input or output, on any Windows PC (Vista and above)
Using this application you can switch output OR input sound devices at the click of a button, or the press of a key.
I designed this application to be incredibly small and lightweight. There is no bloat, it does exactly what it should, nothing more, nothing less.
- Windows Vista/7/8 32-bit or 64-bit
- .NET 4.0 Client Profile
Have some great ideas for features you want added?
Or maybe you just want to tell me how awesome it is?
You can tweet at me @xenolightning and include #audioswitcher
Updated with a Donate Link. Audio Switcher is developed by me, for free, and will remain free; so why not buy me a beer for my efforts? :-D
NOTE: All old .NET 3.5 version will remain available for download, but there will no support or regular bug fixes for any older version.
Have an issue? Log it here: https://github.com/xenolightning/AudioSwitcher_v1/issues
- Change Windows Default Audio devices without opening Control Panel
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 32/64 bit
- Full Global Hot Key support which allows you to change the default audio device with the press of a key
- Favourite Devices - Only your "favourite" devices will show up in the Tray Icon Menu.
- Quick switch: Click on the notification icon once and it will cycle through your favourited devices! Great if you have two devices you switch between often.
- Settings support for closing to tray, starting minimized to tray and running at start up (using a registry key)
- Optional: Periodically check for updates
I wish I could use this software on my computer, because my audio driver only allows headphone to be acctached to front panel audio jack, but my front panel audio jack was busted. When I plug my headphone jack to the back panel which is design for speakers, the sound is terrible. Unfortunately, everytime I tried to install Audio Swticher, it just appear for like 2 seconds in the system tray and then disappear and nothing happens. FYI, I am using Win XP SP3 and my audio chipset is Via VT1708B from ECS Intel G31 mainboard.