Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. The interface is translated into many languages.
Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). Free software is not just free of cost (like "free beer"). It is free as in freedom (like "free speech"). Free software gives you the freedom to use a program, study how it works, improve it and share it with others. For more information, visit the Free Software Foundation.
Programs like Audacity are also called open source software, because their source code is available for anyone to study or use. There are thousands of other free and open source programs, including the Firefox web browser, the LibreOffice or Apache OpenOffice office suites and entire Linux-based operating systems such as Ubuntu.
- Record live audio
- Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using optional libraries
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together
- Numerous effects including change the speed or pitch of a recording
- And more! See the complete list of features: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/features
This was so easy to use. The software is very complete and intuitive. The instructions are clear and well-designed. The quality of my recording was excellent. Converting to MP3 was easy, once I followed the instructions and installed the .dll file for encoding MP3s. Five Stars!!
Very good many featured player. Exactly what I need.
Do NOT, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES download audacity from sourceforge!!! They attach all sorts of malware to the download. YOU WILL INFECT YOUR COMPUTER!!!! Instead, go to the REAL audacity site: www.audacityteam.org
A great audio editor Simply the BEST Very good ! ;)