Atomschlag is a project of writing a Webkit-based browser using PyGTK and PyWebkitGTK, completely in Python, to create a useable, secure and lightweight replacement of existing browsers in custom appliances.
The primary project goals are:
- small size;
- minimal abilities to track you down based on the client info;
- maximal compatibility with proxy-based anonymity layers such as I2P;
- URL filtering for blocking ads and user tracking services;
- simple and non-overloaded user interface.
- Webkit-based, basic common keyboard shortcuts are available
- Fullscreen mode (F11)
- Debugging capabilities aka Atombug (WebInspector)
- Non-tabbed, MDI interface (new pages are opened in new instances)
- Depends only on PyWebkitGTK, GObject and libsoup 2.4
- Support for proxying and I2P via commandline parameters (see "Blog" page for more information)
- Ad-blocking support, by default containing one of the biggest blocklists on the Web
- Support for user-defined CSS overrides
- Basic download capabilities
- Own user agent with spoofing ability
- Simple configuration format (settings.json)
Be the first to post a review of Atomschlag!