Astronaut VistA Installers Beta 0.9-5 (3rd Stage) (see respective distro licenses in /usr/share/vista_parts/doc/*vista)
Notes: Finally out for your yum and apt-get beta testing pleasure. The plan is to come out of beta in about a month so do your best to find problems and let me know. The latest client installer 0.9.9.4 is up on sourceforge.net. Will have it up on launchpad.net sometime this week.
The bad news: this release is incompatible with previous Astronauts due to directory layout long names and other changes.
The good news: The directory layout is highly unlikely to change again.
Description: Installs Astronautized WorldVistA(tm) EHR/VOE 1.0 or OpenVistA(tm) SP4 via yum (Fedora/RedHat/CentOS) or apt-get (Ubuntu/Debian)
OBSOLETE: yum and apt-get are the preferred methods for server (but NOT client) installation. Server downloads at http://sourceforge.net/projects/astronaut/files/ are now OBSOLETE. Client installer .exe file is still obtained at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/astronaut/files/
Debian/Ubuntu systems using apt-get:
# sudo echo "deb http://software.astronautvista.com/deb lucid main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/lucid-partner.list
# sudo apt-get update
# sudo apt-get install astronaut-wv-server-beta
# sudo apt-get install astronaut-ov-server-beta
Fedora/RedHat/CentOS using yum:
# cd /etc/yum.repos.d
# vi astro.repo
Add the following code:
name=Astronaut Yum Repository
Save the file, then:
# yum install astronaut-wv-server-beta
# yum install astronaut-ov-server-beta
Changes in 0.9-5: Many.
. All client software updated to the latest.
. Calculation capable templates in TMG-CPRS.
. Vitals entry template enabled by default.
. Multiple reliability and workflow issues in VistA-Config.
. Much more modular, yum, apt-get repository based.
. Semi-automatic and automatic upgradeability of all installed packages.
. Code bulk for all versions consolidated for bzr repository and packager friendliness.
. Journaling and backup code has been 'gone through' completely.
. Nightly 5am backup installs by default into /etc/cron.d/astronaut-vista-bak. Note: PAM authentication requires that you MUST login to the default <branding>vista<instance> linux id and change the default password or the nightly cron job will NOT work.
. Full instance directory names like globals, routines versus g, r.
. Added avinstanceadd.sh and instancedel.sh versus a forced instance add as before.
. Created restore.sh so that a rpm/deb can be reinstated easily if half removed.
. All editions use scratch.dat now.
. WorldVistA drug file bad pointers fixed.
Previously released in 0.9 series: Fixed startup scripts and installers that were starting Taskman as root which resulted in Taskman processes running as root. vistactl.sh and vistactlstart.sh will no longer allow starting as root. Performs vistactl.sh stop before un-installing. VistA Commander start/stop/status should work now. There is a server log file now that records server start and stop. More bar-coding with the astro_install_file recording the filename that it was installed with. Added student users to mumps.dat Fixed Victory Programming Environment loading and some VistA Commander problems, added vistactl.sh status to VistA Commander menu. Changed env file to reside in etc rather than bin as well as all the .sh's that where impacted by the change. Added vistatatus.sh a quick status check for Taskman and mumps processes. Changed the client communication id convention to client<port> and text<port> as well as other files to allow for a universal client installer and the same instance name as long as <branding>vista is different. For the Astronaut WorldVistA(tm) edition, changed MENU TEXT field of the OR CPRS GUI CHART entry in the OPTION file from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 to allow a universal client installer. The Astronaut OpenVistA(tm) edition has been transformed to VistA Standard Base section I conformance. For security, all "real person name" users have been changed to role based names such as "Nurse, One" and all access codes except sys.admin has been randomized. KIDS patches to allow TMG-CPRS and VistA-Config to work have been applied as archived in the kids subdirectory.
Default ID's and passwords: System Linux id for an instance follow the VistA Standard Base spec of <branding>vista<instance> to avoid conflict and allow multiple instances to run side by side. For example worldvistaEHR is the default Linux id for rpm install with password vista!123. The default VistA id is sys.admin vista!123.
Copyright (c) Astronaut, LLC 2010 http://astronautvista.com
Author: Ignacio Valdes <email@example.com>
Contributors of code, modules or other in Alphabetic order (Ommitted? Don't want to appear? Let me know.)
Anthracite, Nancy -- Original install document, general knowledge.
Bodtke, Peter -- Testing, documentation.
Bhaskar, KS -- GT.M, Acculturation documentation, architecture, shell scripts.
Dorsey, Jon -- VistA Standard Base co-proposer.
Hagood, Eddie -- TMG-GUI-Config and fixes.
Habiel, Sam -- BMX functionality, GUI-Scheduling.
Landis, "Gus" -- VistA Standard Base co-proposer.
Noorden, Lars -- Mupip man page.
Meiling, Ben -- VistA Standard Base co-proposer.
Papillion, Anthony -- VistA Standard Base co-proposer.
Pardue, Andy -- OVID.
Self, Jim -- m2web
Tai, Jonathan -- GT.M knowledge, VistA Standard Base, rpm wizardry, similar installer.
Timson, George -- Pointed out IHS fix for SSN problem.
Toppenberg, Kevin -- TMG-CPRS, TMG-VistA-Config, TMGIDE, general knowledge.
Trotter, Fred -- VistA Standard Base co-proposer.
Trotter, Rick -- Assistance with Launchpad.
Watson, Steve -- Testing, documentation, VistA Standard Base co-proposer.
Whitby, Butch -- Testing, , VistA Standard Base co-proposer, Misc.
Whitten, David -- Global expertise, debugging, architecture, IPv6 patch.
Zimmer, John L -- Device console problem.
FIS -- GT.M
Medsphere Systems Corp -- OVID, some merged installer code.
M/Gateway Developments Ltd -- EWD
WorldVistA -- Processed FOIA VistA/VOE.
Indian Health Service -- BMX, scheduling GUI.
Veterans Affairs -- FOIA VistA.
Problems, comments, bugs: Post problems or issues to the Hardhats group: http://groups.google.com/group/Hardhats or to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
License: Installer: Affero GNU GPL version 3. No warranties expressed or implied, use at your own risk. (see WorldVistA license below)
Follow the next steps after the apt-get/yum install has run. This gets you to the point of being able to login as a text or CPRS client. The pre-set Access Code is: sys.admin with Verify Code: vista!123. You will have to re-set the verify code upon first login. Download the Windows client installers which should all work out of the box with this server. The pre-set Linux id is worldvistaEHR password is vista!123 which you will also have to re-set on first login to the Linux worldvistaEHR id.
1) Conforms to VistA Standard Base 0.9 RC 10.
2) Quick install.
3) Automatically sets BOX:VOLUME pair!
4) Creates a text<instance> id, automatically edits, compiles and installs Bhaskar's runzu so that text<instance> runs with no shell and no home directory.
5) Relatively smaller download size 155Mb complete package containing all files.
6) Controller software such as vistactl.sh start | stop | restart, xinetd listener automatically configured and installed.
7) Automatic vista startup with journaling on server start and graceful shutdown. Bhaskar's code.
8) Automatically opens CPRS port.
9) Has a backup solution (some assembly required).
10) Latest WorldVistA and gtm V53004A
11) Installs /opt/worldvista/EHR
12) Creates default vista id automatically.
13) Management commands: copy_this_vista_to.sh and change_client_port.sh and uninstall_this_vista.sh
14) Requires two-factor deletion to really delete an instance. rpm -e only removes symlinks to log files, text-client id and auto-start routines. Requires explicit rm -Rf to really delete it all. rpm -i --force will NOT over-write an existing instance.
15) Checks for file astro-defaults and overrides default install parameters for different locations for the install.
16) Port handling files correspond to worldvista name spaces.
17) Pre-installs m2web. Turn off and on SELinux between boots by: echo 0 >/selinux/enforce or echo 1 >/selinux/enforce
18) Refreshed: Pre-installs Kevin Toppenberg's debugger, see http://vistapedia.net for activation.
19) Compatible with ewd-for-astronaut.
20) Pre-installs OVID.
21) Pre-installs Victory Programming Environment, see http://vistapedia.net for activation.
22) MSC Fileman 1036.
23) TMG-CPRS support with all associated bug fixes.
24) TMG-GUI-Config now supports user management.
25) BMX RPC broker and necessary parts pre-loaded.
26) GUI-Scheduling components pre-loaded.
27) Man page for mupip command.
1) Beta installer.