AstroGrep is a Microsoft Windows GUI File Searching (grep) utility. Its features include regular expressions, versatile printing options, stores most recent used paths and has a "context" feature which is very nice for looking at source code.
- Regular expressions
- Concurrent multiple file types
- Recursive directory searching
- A "context" feature that selects the lines above and below your search expression
- Versatile exporting and printing options
- RIght click to open file with editor of your choice at specific line (if setup)
- Store Most Recently Used file names, file types, and search expressions
- Match Whole Word Only
- File encoding detection (ability to turn off and override for individual files)
It's probably the most used application in my day-to-day work. Thank you so much for it! I installed the version 4.4.3 and am very happy, that you restored the functionality to open the file at proper position by double-clicking the results view. That's great and makes the workflow very comfortable!
Simple and Fast. Although It lacks the Replace feature, deserves the 5 star !
Great little utility
Brilliant piece of software with many applications & features.
A nice easy to use program that allows you to search the contents of any file. Perfect.