The Anti-Spam SMTP Proxy (ASSP) Server project aims to create an open source platform-independent SMTP Proxy server which implements auto-whitelists, self learning Bayesian, Greylisting, DNSBL, DNSWL, URIBL, SPF, SRS, Backscatter, Virus scanning, attachment blocking, Senderbase and multiple other filter methods. Click 'Browse all files' to download the professional version 2.4.5 build 15229.
V1 development has been stopped at the end of 2014 (1.10.1 build 14365). Possibly there will be done some bugfixing in future.
Please upgrade to V2, which is and will be actively maintained.
- Multiple Weighted DNSBLs
- Multiple Weighted URIBLs
- Weighted Regular Expression Filtering
- Penalty Box
- Attachment Blocking
- ClamAV and FileScan
- Blocking Reporting
- LDAP support
- Backscatter Detection
- V2 - recipient replacement / GUI user access rights management
- V2 - MIME charset conversion / DKIM check and signing
- V2 - DB support for all hashes / level based open plugin support
- V2 - transparent proxy support / BATV check and signing
- V2 - Plugins: archive, full attachment check and replacement, OCR
- V2 - damping (steal spammers time)
- V2 - AUTH to relay host / POP3 collector
- V2 - configuration value and file synchronization
- V2 - Block Reports design could be customized
- V2 - Razor2 and DCC support via Plugin
- V2 - SNMP support (monitoring, configuring, controll-API)
- V2 - user group import (file or LDAP or command based)
- V2 - automatic crash analyzer Hidden Markov Model
- V2 - IPv6 socket support
- V2 - word stemming (several languages) for Bayesian analyzer
- V2 - Perl module autoupdate via PPM or CPAN
- V2 - Hidden Markov Model spam detection engine
- V2 - full unicode support
- V2 - DMARC support
- V2 - privat Whitelist (legacy, domain based, user based)
- V2 - privat IP and Domain lists (legacy, domain based, user based)
- V2 - CPU affinity settings
- V2 - web file commander
- V2 - graphical statistic output (SVG)
- V2 - native SSL support for target hosts
- V2 - client SSL-certificate validation
After a long time of using and heavy fighting with ASSP I removed it from my server, what a relief! It might be a good anti-spam solution in theory but it has 3 big issues: 1. Extremely hard to set up and maintain. 2. Still full of bugs and crashes. 3. Extremely bad support. Of course it's free but there's almost no help at all. A dead user forum and a mailing list which doesn't really help much because the owner is not really happy to help. :( --- Fortunately I found a solution which is also free but works like a charm. Extremely easy to install and to set up. And it filters much more spam than ASSP. I don't want to place a link here for that company, just google for "FRAMS".
For me this is one of the best Anti Spam solutions. But unfortunately there's a big flaw: It has a lot of features and configuration items. Many of the configuration I simply don't understand and there's no way to find out how to configure it correctly. I searched hours and hours to find some how-to, but no luck so far. The solution is great but the support is pooooooooor. :( Additional note: Must say goodby to ASSP after almost 2 years of using it. It's extremely complicated to set up and maintain – much to complicated for me. If the developer would be a little bit less arrogant with his responses it would be very helpful.
It is very good software. I have used it over year.
good packet and much easy to setup and tune then dspam or spamassasine