ArgoUML is the leading open source UML modeling tool and includes support for all standard UML 1.4 diagrams.
- All 9 UML 1.4 diagrams supported.
- Platform independent: Java 5+
- Click and go with Java Web Start.
- Standard UML 1.4 metamodel.
- UML profile support with profiles provided.
- XMI support.
- Export diagrams as GIF, PNG, PS, EPS, PGML, and SVG.
- Available in ten languages.
- Advanced diagram editing and zoom.
- OCL support.
- Forward engineering.
- Reverse engineering/Jar/class file import.
- Reflection-in-action: Design critics, corrective automations (partially implemented), to-do lists, and user models (partially implemented).
- Opportunistic design: To-do lists, checklists.
- Comprehension and problem solving: Explorer perspectives, multiple/overlapped views.
Reliable and runs smoothly
good job argouml.mirror
Simple. Useful. Light.
I wasn't able to even install version 0.34 because the setup program decided I have no JRE on mybsystem whereas I actually have a complete JDK installed, with Eclipse and other Java programs running fine. The reason it thinks that is probably that it's looking for a standard string in a standard folder, which of course means some assumptions have been made. Unfortunately, these were definite assumptions and we are **not** given the option of telling the setup program where the installed JRE is. Bad move. I'm not willing to have yet another instance JRE on my system just because the setup program thinks no one ever has a 64-bit edition of Windows 7. Summary: doesn't install on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with 64-bit JDK 1.7 already installed **and** JAVA_HOME env variable correctly set.