Arcan is a portable and fully scriptable frontend for launching games, emulators and other full-screen applications in a visual appealing way, as seamlessly as possible. The API is sufficiently complete for other projects as well, e.g. rapid game prototyping
(both 2D and 3D).
While the main theme ('Gridle') is geared towards being quick, easy to use and setup (no editing of mysterious configuration files), the main target audience is advanced hobbyists that wants to get their hands dirty with graphics programming without necessarily a strong background in it.
- Fully Scriptable (LUA)
- Video playback, Video recording (webm, lossless)
- 2D features (animations, transformations, picking, particle systems)
- Native emulation (libretro cores for snes,nes,sms,genesis,psx,2600)
- Basic 3D features (models, transformations, shaders)
- Portable (Linux, BSD, Windows, OSX)
- Specialized displaymodes (simulating NTSC signals, CRT phosphor, Vector displays)
There are no 4 star reviews.