Wake On LAN, WakeOnLAN, shutdown software for Windows. A powerful WOL, ping, shutdown, GUI application.
- Wake Up remote machines
- Shutdown, Sleep, Hibernate Windows machines
- Schedule wake-ups, shutdowns, sleep, etc (Vista or higher)
- Command line or GUI
- Shutdown Linux machines using script
- Minimize to task tray
- User configurable network interface for WOL (new)
- Ability to auto-start with Windows
- Debugging tool displays incoming WOL packets
- Supports complex network environments with subnet directed broadcasts
- Includes tools to scan network for hosts, ip and MAC addresses
- Avoids power spikes by staggering wake-up events
- Send email notifications using the built-in scheduling system
- Can be used in static or DHCP addressing networks
- System-tray notifications and balloon tips
- Sound notifications when hosts change state
- User configurable TTL and UDP ports
- Online help
- Wake-Up over the Internet (new)
Works great for me, with minimal setup. This works better for me than some better known options. The most frequently recommended doesn't remember settings, and this does. Thanks!
Great Tool for remote wake of devices. Basildane keeps the product updated and the features provided for scheduling are great! Anyone with a need to perform WOL should have this application.
(Voting 5 to counteract andjakhosjak's review). WS.Reputation.1 does NOT indicate a virus. If you actually read the Norton warning you'll see that all it means is that the file is new and not very many Norton users have downloaded it yet. That's what the "Reputation" bit means, that the file has no "reputation" in their database of allowed files. This is a completely stupid way of assessing a file's threat. All files are going to be new when they are released, and the vast majority are not dangerous. If you are able to configure your own virus checker settings (rather than being locked down in a corporate environment) you should turn off this level of warnings as they add nothing whatsoever to your security. (Disclosure: I have nothing to do with Wake On Lan, I just hate Norton and their stupid scareware cr*p).
Symatec Norton stops the aquilawolagent.1.0.0.exe due to a threat name WS.Reputation.1. It reports that there are several indications that this file is not reliable and for that reason not secure. To bad, i think i would have liked the software, but i dont dare to trust it now.
Just does what is needs to do and does it perfectly!