The Apelon DTS (Distributed Terminology System) is an integrated set of open source components that provides comprehensive terminology services in distributed application environments.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE, concurrent access to multiple, interconnected terminologies
- COMPREHENSIVE terminology Knowledgebase with a unified, consistent object model
- DATA NORMALIZATION, matching of text input to standardized terms and concepts via word order analysis, word stemming, spelling correction and term completion
- CODE TRANSLATION, mapping of clinical data to standard coding systems such as ICD-9 and CPT
- CLASS QUERIES, hierarchy interrogation for decision support and outcomes analysis
- SEMANTIC NAVIGATION, browsing of a rich set of hierarchical and non-hierarchical relationships between concepts for improved quality in data entry and information retrieval
- SEMANTIC CLASSIFICATION, creation, management, and comparison of concept extensions which are consistent with formal semantic models such as that used in SNOMED CT
- SUBSETTING, creation of individualized subsets of terminologies using advanced Boolean logic techniques
- LOCALIZATION, addition of local concepts, synonyms, codes, and inter-concept associations to connect local content to standard terminologies
Be the first to post a review of Apelon DTS!