Welcome to This Distro for older computers . Using a build as you go DIY approach. Iso's are barebones no browser etc ready to add what you want.
Forked from Puppy Linux 4 and updated.
Before Installation its recommended to read wiki first. Then download your suitable iso from here ( LTS ISO'S FINAL )
I have uploaded lots of extra software for AnitaOS and there i s also some extra wireless drivers for the non-SMP iso both of which are here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/anitaos/files/Anitaos/
. To go to commandline press CTRL ALT together and Backspace.
If you need help with wireless and other topics consult the wiki area. New Info on seamonkey in Wiki Area. If extra wireless Drivers are required, It is best to use the NON-SMP ISO - for extra non-SMP kernel wireless drivers. Bash update: http://sourceforge.net/projects/anitaos/files/Anitaos/bash-3.0.22-i486.pet
- Fast on old Hardware.
- Build as you go system teaches you as you go.
- Built on Rock Solid Puppy 4
- Installation Video Guide in the wiki area
- Heaps of Software for everyday use. To access click Browse All Files under latest download. Then click on Anitaos to go inside that folder.
- Minimal ISO (With no browser) - add programs and Web Browser that you want. Plenty on this Site to choose from
- Browsers: https://sourceforge.net/projects/anitaos/files/Anitaos/Internet/
- Please note the new ISO's include SDL libraries complete by default to run Games
- ISO's Include QT4.5,flash,grub4dos,sqlite 3.6 and jre 1.6, ffmpeg,Xine,FFConvert, Flburn and Aumix
- Now uses ICEwm Desktop by default (JWM by pressing CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE xwin jwm)
- Updated guide to ICEwm in the wiki section
- New wiki info regarding ESS soundcards eg. ES1978
- Important Bash Security Update: http://sourceforge.net/projects/anitaos/files/Anitaos/bash-3.0.22-i486.pet/
- NEW RETRO BUILDS USING THE OLDER XORG 7.0 (Same as Puppy Linux 214x)
AnitaOS is a fast and stable open-source project. This GNU/Linux distro works well on old hardware.