XDA people: This is my first large-scale project EVER. Please be nice.
ANDROIDER is a derivative of Ubuntu.
I took the Ubuntu Mini Remix, stripped it to bare bones, then added an uber basic window manager, an ancient login manager, a wireless manager and browser that only run in the command line, and the prerequisites needed to build the AOSP. It limps along, has configuration errors and bugs up the wahazoo still, and wants to die at every turn. Oh, and the partition manager is command line only as well.
Depending on the version you download, it can build either FroYo and older, or Gingerbread and newer. You won't need to download Repo either.
As I figure everything out, I'll be adding help documents and such. Don't expect much fast, though.
Note: I will put updates on the blog, where I should have been putting them all along. (has been using description until now...)
- ...Tiny! (compared to standard Ubuntu)
- ... It can build Android! (read the entire readme for details on doing this correctly)
- ... It has a pseudo-Easter Egg! (no really!)
- ... I'm yelling! Wait, why am I yelling...
- There is no installation. Zip. Zero. Nada. None. Ubiquity cannot be found on this distro. It is LIVE ONLY.
Be the first to post a review of ANDROIDER!