This is the latest version of Android (4.2.2) ported on Intel x86 platform with UEFI and Windows 8 support.
This project includes live.img, a binary installer for #samsung xe700t device. Other x86 devices not tested using this release.
Preparing USB drive
1. Insert the USB thumb drive into your machine
Open your terminal application and find the device name of the thumb drive.
2. Run `dmesg' and look near the end for a name like "/dev/sdX" where X is a letter.
3. Unmount any partitions that were automatically mounted: `sudo umount /dev/sdX*' (Where X is the letter from above)
4. Write the live.img file from the extracted zip to the USB flash: `sudo dd if=live.img of=/dev/sdX bs=1M conv=fsync' (Where X is the letter from above)
5. Plug in USB thumb drive with the Android-IA installer image created in step 1
6. Power on device
7. From the boot menu, choose "Install Android to hard disk"
8. Wait until installation gets over.
- Supports Intel Ivy league processors
- Android Jellybean 4.2.2
- It can support dual boot with Windows 8
- Can boot on UEFI bios
- For older laptop/desktops. click this link - https://sourceforge.net/projects/android4desktop/
- Made in India
Be the first to post a review of Android-4.2.2-x86!