The AlphaGenesis project aims to create both a high quality, strategy oriented, SNES style turn based RPG, and an engine for building top down perspective 2D games. I have been writing the engine in my spare time over the past few years. It currently contains a game client and map editor. It is mostly complete as an engine, but there are a few features I still plan to add.
AlphaGenesis is being developed with the intention of being cross platform and easily extensible, so that people without much programming experience will be able to add content to games with little effort.
I am pushing to get a playable demo out by the end of January 2014.
- Per-pixel collision detection between game objects
- Day / night cycles
- Cool looking graphical filters
- Real time changing of stylistic options
- Supports maps of virtually unlimited size with no performance hit
- Supports tileset images and tiles of any rectangular size
Be the first to post a review of AlphaGenesis!