ALGOL68G - Algol 68 Genie
Algol68G is a nearly fully featured implementation of Algol 68 as defined by
the Revised Report.
Algol68G is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the
terms of the GNU General Public License. This software is distributed in the
hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The author of
this software does not accept responsibility to anyone for the consequences of
using it or for whether it serves any particular purpose or works at all. See
the GNU General Public License for more details. The GNU General Public License
does not permit this software to be redistributed in proprietary programs.
Author of Algol68G is Marcel van der Veer <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Web pages for Algol68G are at <http://www.xs4all.nl/~jmvdveer>.
Please refer to the manual for detailed instructions.
In brief, for the reasonably experienced Unix/Linux user:
tar -xzf algol68g-VERSION.tgz
./configure -O --threads
and if you want to install when building as root, type:
1. Adds compilation of basic loops.
2. Fixes reported build problem on platforms without the GNU Scientific Library.
1. Adds option script.
2. Adds Algol 68 comment syntax for shell interpreter call.
3. Updates documentation.
4. Fixes reported problems.
1. Fixes minor discrepancies between source code and documentation.
1. Adds compiler for units to speed execution.
2. Adds options [no-]optimise, [no-]compile, [no-]object, and strict.
3. Improves parser and diagnostics.
4. Updates documentation.
5. Fixes reported problems.