Pydio is the mature open source alternative to dropbox and box.com, for the enterprise.
Why building your own box?
You need to access your documents across multiple devices, and regularly share documents (weblinks) and folders with your contacts and teams. Still, using a consumer SaaS box or drive service is neither practical nor safe. And enterprise SaaS box or drive services are expensive and come with Disk Storage that you already have on your servers or private cloud.
How to build your own box with Pydio?
Easily install Pydio on your servers or cloud of choice,
Simply share documents and folders with your teams,
Administrate your box with an Entreprise grade console (rights, groups, plug ins),
Access documents with a Web Gui, Smartphones and tablet apps (iOS, Android),
Sync folders on your computer (public beta, PC, Mac, Linux,Web,Tablets).
- Standard file system actions, plus metadata
- Drag'n'drop, right-click for contextual menus, modal windows
- Users / Roles Management
- Plugin architecture : interface with other CMS
- FileSystem, FTP, SQL, LDAP, WebDAV, SMB, and more!
- HTML5 Upload, PDF preview & Online image edition.
- Google Analytics integration
- Dynamic FTP authentication
- Built-in WebDAV access to the repositories
- iOS and Android applications available
- Synchronization client currently available in public beta, for mac & windows.
Pydio was the perfect solution for editing my website without needing to load coding IDEs on the local machine. This is the perfect tool to allow quick bug fixes from any remote location (ie: hotel, home, work, school, smartphone, etc.) This allows me to even update my website files when ftp is blocked by certain networks! It works good and can be installed alongside of ISPConfig 3.0 and any other 3rd party application that I have come across so far. Setting it up took a few minutes and retries to get all settings to work right, but all in all it is a excellent product and I highly recommend it for webmasters!
Thanks for great project! Simply the best.Good,good,good.+1