A powerful power management application subsuming Synology Diskstation's integrated one and enabling the administrator to perform automatic on-demand power up and shut down of the Diskstation, based on simple rules.
It also enables to derogate to a program, typically by allowing hibernation to occur (typically used when leaving home for the vacations), suspend the current schedule until told you (typically used when performing administration tasks), but also shut down the Diskstation conditionally, typically once network or disk activity are below a given threshold (typically used when streaming videos or music to a TV or performing a backup to an external disk).
You may install this software using DSM's Package Center (3rd Party provider http://www.cphub.net/).
- Beginner's mode (1 schedule per day)
- Expert mode (fully customizable schedule over a year)
- Shutdown on network or disk inactivity option (very useful when downloading/streaming)
- Hibernation (derogates the schedule until a given date, very useful for vacations)
- Suspend (suspends the schedule until manual shutdown)
- User interface available in german, dutch, french, dansk and english
Easy to install and use.
with DSM 4.2 you need to install synology Perl package
advpowermgr4ds, great work!
Awesome product, thanks for sharing!