A powerful power management application subsuming Synology Diskstation's integrated one and enabling the administrator to perform automatic on-demand power up and shut down of the Diskstation, based on simple rules.
It also enables to derogate to a program, typically by allowing hibernation to occur (typically used when leaving home for the vacations), suspend the current schedule until told you (typically used when performing administration tasks), but also shut down the Diskstation conditionally, typically once network or disk activity are below a given threshold (typically used when streaming videos or music to a TV or performing a backup to an external disk).
You may install this software using DSM's Package Center (3rd Party provider http://www.cphub.net/).
- Flexible and fully customizable schedule over a year
- Shutdown on network or disk inactivity option (very useful when downloading/streaming)
- Shutdown on host or connection disappearance option (very useful when streaming to TV)
- Hibernation (derogates to the schedule until a given date, very useful for vacations)
- Suspend (suspends the schedule until manual shutdown of the NAS)
- Delayed shutdown option
- User interface available natively in english, french, german and dutch
- Self-translatable user interface to any language
Works great with my DS 1813+, DSM 5.0-4493 Update 5. Thanks for your hard work so far
Extremely flexible and powerful, great way to reduce power consumption and help the environment. Great work.
I can't understand a Synology NAS without this program
Thanks to Renaud, now (Version 3.0-4) it's working!!!! Very fast, friendly and uncomplicated support! Greetings J.Sommer Attention!!!!! Please do not install the latest version on your device if DSM latest version is on your Synology Box!!!!! - Two DiskStations DS212+ - on both DSM 4.3-3827 installed - on both Advanced Power Manager 3.0-2 installed On both the same effects! a.) Power Manager Window is complete white! No text, no buttons, no textboxes, simply white. b.) At the same time the CPU remains at 100 % utilization!!! c.) There is a process with name httpd shown in processlist wich causes this high CPU utilization. d.) The good thing: It seems that the settings from the previous version of Advanced Power Manager are still working! Please provide a bug fix. Greetings J.Sommmer