AdLint is a source code static analyzer.
It can point out insecure or nonportable code fragments, and can measure various quality metrics of the source code.
It (currently) can analyze source code compliant with ANSI C89 / ISO C90 and partly ISO C99.
AdLint is written in Ruby. So, it is available for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, FreeBSD and any other platforms supported by Ruby.
- Can point out code defects and suspicious code fragments
- Can measure various code quality metrics
- Can extract code structure information
- Have the Abstract Interpreter which can evaluate all execution paths at a time
- Can output the analysis result into text files whose format are quite open
Fast and simple.