ADEN is a network API that provides a fast way to exchange small messages between computers (usually on a LAN). It uses a special protocol implemented over UDP/IP to provide reliable in-order delivery, just like TCP sockets.
If you are using ADEN in your application please support ADEN project by mentioning that somewhere in your application UI / project page and add a link to this page.
Read my blog articles for more info. :
- Provides reliable in-order delivery assurance
- Supports asynchronous as well as synchronous message passing
- No restriction on message length
- Built around server/client model
- Bidirectional connections
- Low connection/disconnection overhead
- Connections interference is not possible
- Suitable for building simple servers (one-thread-one-connection technique) as well as servers capable to handle a huge number of connections concurrently
- Its design allows to provide secure transmission as a 'plugin'
- internet-friendly (Follows RFC 5405 guidelines)
- 100% Java (implemented over Java's DatagramChannel)
Be the first to post a review of ADEN!